Sunday, February 19, 2012

OSG Buzzer Beater: Dorenzo Hudson's 3 Wins It For Virginia Tech In OT

It's been an awful season for Virginia Tech, not any better for Georgia Tech.

Saturday at Cassell Coliseum the two "Tech's" battled and went overtime.

It the OT Dorenzo Hudson became a hero in Blacksburg, VA nailing a three pont shot as time expired to give Virginia Tech a 74-73 win over Georgia Tech.

Here's a report from the gentlemen that called the game for Fox Sports South, FOSG Mike Hogewood and Eddie Fogler. (Thanks ACC Digital Network)



“I didn’t see it go in,” Hudson said after the game. “I actually thought I got fouled. Then my teammates started jumping on top of me, so I knew then that the ball had gone in.”

“We brought Jarell [Eddie] off to the corner, and curled Erick [Green] to the top, with three seconds to drive into a gap and to look to the corner, and we stepped the inbounder in." Virgina Tech head coach Seth Greenberg said.

"I subbed in Dorenzo, not because I thought he was going to make that shot, but because he is our best inbounder. It was good to see him make a shot.”

Really good for Greenberg who needs all the positive mojo he can get.

Erick Green led the Hokies with 14 points. Virginia Tech is now 15-12, 4-8 in the ACC.

No comments:

Post a Comment