Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dez Bryant Arrested For Allegedly Attacking Mother

((HT: WFAA-TV))

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested yesterday after he allegedly assaulted his mother, Angela, over the weekend according to DeSoto, Texas, police captain Ron Smith.

The incident report says that Dez Bryant became angry when his mother asked him to leave her home during an argument. At a news conference today, Smith said Bryant slapped his mother in the face. The police report says, however, that Bryant allegedly grabbed her by her T-shirt and hair and "hit her across the face with his ball cap."

Angela Bryant said in the 911 call:

"I can't keep letting him do this. I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

Here's the latest out of Dallas...

Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for "assaulting a female family member" and was released a few hours later without talking to detectives. Bryant's attorney, Royce West, said Dez posted a $1,500 bond.

If Bryant is convicted of the misdemeanor, it could earn him a fine of up to $4,000 and, possibly, as much as a year in jail. The arrest also means that he could face subsequent discipline from the National Football League.

No comments:

Post a Comment