Tuesday, January 14, 2014

OSG Prem: Allam Says He's Out In "24 Hours" If Name Change Fails...

((HT: Sky Sports))

Hull City FC owner Assem Allam says that, if the FA doesn't allow for the name change that he is trumpeting something fierce, that he will be more than happy to leave the club "within 24 hours" if he doesn't get his way.

Allam has maintained that changing from Hull City FC Tigers to just Hull Tigers- a long-sought after marketing ploy for Allam that he thinks will increase his marketing potential- is going to be the make or break for him...

Which is silly, but big businessmen are silly with their toys...

The Tigers have been witnessing protests within their stadium by Hull City AFC supporters this season to remind Allam that he would be peeing all over a hundred years of tradition by pulling this stunt...

In an interview today with Sky Sports, where Hull City announced two signings during the transfer window, Allam was still defiant:

"No-one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions - I won't allow it," he told Sky Sports News. "And I'll give you my CV to give you comfort and show you what I have achieved.

"I'm here to save the club and manage the club for the benefit of the community - it will never, ever be the other way around - take it from me.

"But the community can say "go away" and I will go within 24 hours."

When asked what would happen if the FA said he could not change the club's name, Allam said: "The same thing. It's a free country. There are no two ways about it - I have never said something and then gone back on it."


Here's an interview from a month ago Allam gave the BBC about his idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment