Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Els Didn't Look Like He Minded At The Time...

((HT: SI/Golf.com))

But, apparently, he did...
Watch the intros that David Feherty gave at the Tavistock Cup...

Ernie Els is second...
((HT: GolfChannel/youtube))


In an interview with Golf Magazine for July, Els' laughter that we saw seems to be tempered...

"I've known David for a long time, but for him to have said that was totally shocking and -- well, not out of character, because he tries to shock the world all the time, but it was a low blow," Els told Golf Magazine. "It wasn't a gentlemanly think to do. I wouldn't have done that.

"It made the whole group very uncomfortable for the first few holes -- it was a very s-----y feeling," Els continued. “It wasn't a very classy move, but then again it's how he makes his living these days. He's kind of a shock jock.”


The HQ thought everyone kinda knew that, but Feherty did apologize...

"I gave everybody a hard time at the Tavistock Cup, and I did it in proportion to how much affection I have for the person,” Feherty said. “If that backfired with Ernie, I unreservedly apologize, because I love the guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment