Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Perfection In Miami: Javi Salas Throws A Perfect Game For The "U"

Miami's Javi Salas Throws Perfect Game
Tuesday night at Mark Light Field on the campus of the University of Miami senior pitcher Javi Salas faced 27 Villanova batters and retired all 27 and he only threw 113 pitches.

By the way Salas had plenty of run support as the Hurricanes beat the Wildcats 17-0 but Salas couldn't be touched.

Thanks Canes All Access:

<

"I don't even know what to think." Salas said.  "In that last inning, I was trying to keep my adrenaline down. The fans were getting up, and I couldn't believe it. It's a dream come true."

"He's our captain, one of our hardest workers and a leader by example." Miami head coach Jim Morris said.

Salas was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 2013 MLB draft but turned down their offer to stay at the "U"

Salas' perfect game is only the 22nd pitched in modern NCAA Division I baseball history.




No comments:

Post a Comment