Saturday, March 3, 2012

OSG Buzzer Beater: Chico State's Damario Sims Puts A Dagger In Sonoma State

This buzzer beater comes from Division II. Rivals Somona State and Chico State battled in a California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) Championship Tournament semifinal in LaJolla, California. Chico State's Damario Sims becomes a hero for the Wildcats with a three point shot from 18 feet at the buzzer.

Highlights are below. Sims' game winner is at :40. (Thanks: ccaainteractive)



Before hitting the game winner Sims was having a terrible night from the field missing six of 7 shots. Sims' eighth was a wonder for the Wildcats.

“I was having one of my worst games of the season,” Sims said after the game. “I credit Sonoma State though. They played a great game. All I kept saying to myself was, if I get it, I’m going to shoot it. And if I shoot it, I’m going to make it.”

Chico State advances to the CCAA final to face Humboldt State.

No comments:

Post a Comment