Sunday, August 4, 2013

Poyet Confirms Taking Brighton To Court Over Firing

Or "sacking" as they call it overseas...

Gus Poyet has confirmed he's taking his old club, Brighton and Hove Albion, to court...

Poyet was suspended after their play-off semi-final defeat to Crystal Palace before being sacked for gross misconduct in June. BHA chairman Tony Bloom claimed Poyet informed him back in March that he wanted to leave the club at the end of last season- even as Poyet was under contract until 2016.

Poyet said: "There are several reasons but unfortunately this will probably go to court. Because I totally disagree with every allegation and accusation the club has put on me. I will take action because I think it's important for me. I'm quite confident and relaxed but I hope we will go to court because it is the best way for the truth to come out.

"But I think I deserve better respect and the way they sacked me when I was on TV was disrespectful and unfair."


See for yourself...
((HT: BBC3))


It'll be interesting to see just how this plays out...

No comments:

Post a Comment