Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chamblee Apologizes For Column, Resigns Golf Mag Gig...

((HT: Golf Channel))

Brandel Chamblee has caught a hell's worth of hell from the Tiger Woods camp over the assertion that his 2013 game gets an "F" grade over the liberties Chamblee thought Woods was taking with the rules on multiple occasions this season...

Chamblee thought Woods was better than that...

Apparently, not...

Here's what he wrote in an online column that got him all the heat from Woods, Sean Foley, and anyone else in Tiger's camp:

"When I was in the fourth grade, I cheated on a math test and when I got the paper back it had '100' written at the top, and just below the grade was this quote: 'Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!'" Chamblee wrote. "It was an oft-quoted line from the epic poem 'Marmion' by Sir Walter Scott, and my teacher's message was clear. Written once more beneath that quote was my grade of '100,' but this time with a line drawn through it and beneath that an F. I never did ask my teacher how she knew I cheated and I certainly didn't protest the grade. I knew I had done the wrong thing and my teacher the right, but I never forgot the way I felt when I read that quote.

"I remember when we only talked about Tiger's golf. I miss those days. He won five times and contended in majors and won the Vardon Trophy and ... how shall we say this ... was a little cavalier with the rules."


Chamblee gave Tiger a 100 grade, but an "F" overall...

He then Tweeted an apology a week ago: "Golf is a gentleman's game and I'm not proud of this debate. I want to apologize to Tiger for this incited discourse."

"My intention was to note Tiger's rules infractions this year, but comparing that to cheating in grade school went too far."


Here's Chamblee's discussion of his words on the page...


So, now Chamblee will not write for Golf Magazine, but he will still do his duties for Golf Channel and NBC...

And Woods says that the "next move" in moving past this incident is up to the Golf Channel...

Whatever that means...

No comments:

Post a Comment