Sunday, February 2, 2014

This Sucks: Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies At 46

According to the Wall Street Journal and others...

Multi-talented actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead in his New York City apartment...

The HQ isn't going to make some kind of crack about dying, Lebowski, or anything like that...

We would just like to remember him for being the bad ass he was...
Here's a scene from "Moneyball" where he is Oakland manager Art Howe being introduced to the wunderkind Peter Brand...
((HT: Columbia Pictures))


The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will be determining the exact cause of death...

The Houston Chronicle talked to Art Howe after the movie came out and Howe was less than pleased about his portrayal:

Q: What was it like to be portrayed on screen and how did you feel you were portrayed?

A: First of all, Philip Seymour Hoffman physically didn’t resemble me in any way. He was a little on the heavy side. And just the way he portrayed me was very disappointing and probably 180 degrees from what I really am, so that was disappointing too.

Q: Was the contract an issue? I know that was a big thing in the movie and almost how they introduced you in the movie.

A: That was fictitious. They didn’t do their homework as far as the movie was concerned because I was on a two-year contract through 2003. I had another year after that. My agent always took care of my contract; I never negotiated with Billy, especially not in the hallway of the clubhouse. Never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment