Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BUZZER BEATER: Releford Buries Ole Miss Snapping Alabama's 4-Game Losing Streak

((HT: SEC on ESPN))

This was a bad loss for Ole Miss and Andy Kennedy...

Too many times in the last ten seconds that the ball was in the hands of Bama's Trevor Releford...
And he closed the deal...


"We were running, and when I caught it back I saw Marshall (Henderson) try to slip the screen so I just crossed back over and took the shot. I took what he gave me.” Releford said.

He [Releford] really carried them down the stretch which is what a senior all-league player does, and he made a big shot.” Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy said.

Releford finished the game with a team high 26 points.

Most importantly Releford's game winner snapped Alabama's four game losing streak.

"It was a lot of relief (for) the players," Releford said. "We've been coming out and practicing hard, and we just needed a win. We deserved it.
"I'm happy for everybody on the team and glad we got the win."

No comments:

Post a Comment