Thursday, February 7, 2013

BUZZER BEATER: What A Finish In Stillwater, OK. Oklahoma State Barely Defeats Baylor On Last Second Lay Up

Maybe the best finish so far of this college basketball season took place at Gallagher Iba Arena in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Michael Cobbins blocked a Baylor game winning attempt and then Markel Brown to the take in his hands and barely beat the clock.


Told you it was a great finish.
"I figured we had come too far to just give up a layup right there at the end," Cobbins said. "I just went up and tried to get it and thank God I got it."
"I was just trying to beat the clock, as fast as I can," Brown said.
Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford loved how Markel Brown just took it to the cup.
"I was hoping he would get to the rim, because so many players pull up," Ford said. "So many players don't think they have enough time. But you've got more time than you think you do."
"I think everybody saw a great game for TV," Baylor head coach Scott Drew said. "You'll sleep better tonight than I will,"
That’s because Baylor lost it’s third straight game.  OSU won it’s fourth straight game.
Oklahoma State won in spite of a terrible shooting night.  The Cowboys were 26 of 72 from the field shooting 36 percent and only making 3 of 21three point attempts.
That kind of night will drive head coaches bonkers and Travis Ford is no exception.
"It was just a very gutsy performance by our guys," Ford said. "I thought they hung in there. We've figured out some crazy ways to win games lately."

No comments:

Post a Comment