Thursday, February 14, 2013

Frank Martin, Welcome To The Ess-E-Cee (VIDEO)

And the Ess-E-Cee gets one of its first Martin Post-Game Meltdowns...



This is what happens after an 18-point blowout Thursday to LSU (behind Johnny O'Bryant and his 30 points) The Tigers crushed the Gamecocks at home 64-46. It was the most points scored by a LSU player since Tasmin Mitchell had 38 against Auburn in 2010. O'Bryant reached double figure points and rebounds for the seventh time in the last eight games.

The loss gave Martin a five-game losing streak- the longest of his coaching career- at any level and any job which includes stops at Kansas State and three high school coaching gigs in Miami at North Miami High, Miami Senior, and Booker T. Washington High...

All of that leads us to his first high-decibel maneuver off the floor...

The printed, short version:

“The desire to play is not there. I’ve always taken pride to get guys to do what I ask me to do. That’s not happening right now. I shouldn’t coach basketball again if this is how my team is going to look.”

“If this was the NBA, we would fine them and take their money,” Martin said. “We would release them and say, ‘Good luck ever finding another job.’ It is not the NBA. We’re in education. Somehow, some way we have to reach them. But it is embarrassing.

“I’ve been telling our team for team weeks that there is a word that if it is not in your vocabulary – whatever you do in life – if the word ‘pride’ is not in your vocabulary, you have no chance of ever sniffing success. I’m a lot of things, but I’ve got pride. … I have never been so embarrassed. I shouldn’t coach basketball ever again if this is how my team plays.”
South Carolina is now 12-11 after the loss...

Here's the video version...
((HT: WLTX-TV))

No comments:

Post a Comment