Thursday, April 4, 2013

DEVELOPING: Rush Resigns From Pac-12

Not that this is any kind of a surprise...

Supervisor of Officials Ed Rush has resigned after the allegations of having a discussion with his own officials about giving a cash bonus or a trip to Mexico for ringing up Arizona head coach Sean Miller...

The subsequent technical foul was party to a 2-point loss to UCLA during the conference tourney... after the alleged discussion between Rush and his officials...

Miller was hot afterwards...
((HT: ESPN))


The Pac-12 released the standard amount of prepared statements:

In accepting Rush’s resignation, Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said, “I want to express my appreciation for the great contribution Ed made to basketball officiating for the Conference during his tenure, particularly in the area of training and the cultivation of new officiating talent. All of us at the Conference thank him for his years of hard work, and we wish him well.”

"I would like to thank the Pac-12 for giving me the opportunity to lead a group of officials who are working so hard to make the Pac-12 the best officiated conference in college basketball,” said Rush. “My first and highest concerns have always been the integrity of the game of basketball and the honor of the craft of officiating. While I am proud of what we have accomplished, my decision to resign reflects my strong desire to see the Pac-12 officiating program continue to grow and thrive," concluded Rush.


Here was Scott addressing the issue before the ending...
((HT: Pac-12 Network))

No comments:

Post a Comment