Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cowboys Josh Brent Retiring

((HT: WFAA-TV))

Before the posse comes and a day before training camp, Cowboys defensive end Josh Brent is no longer Cowboys defensive end Josh Brent- he's just Josh Brent...

"This is the right decision for me, and something that I have given a lot of thought to," Brent said in a Cowboys news release. "I am at a point where my main focus is all about getting the priorities in my life in order. Those priorities are more important than football. Doing the right things in life are more important than football. I love the game very much. I love my teammates, but this is the right thing for me to do."

Brent is facing an intoxication manslaughter charge for the December car wreck that killed Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown. Brent’s blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when ...

His trial is set for September 23, and he has failed two drug tests since being released on a $100,000 bond- both were positive for marijuana. Brent now must wear a drug-detection patch and is not allowed to drive.

Brent's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Brent was "taking care of his priorities." When he is up for trial, Brent could be sentenced for anything from probation to 20 years behind bars...

According to the NFL's Greg Aiello, if Brent unretires, "Any request for reinstatement by retired player must be reviewed/approved by league"

Here's the story from WFAA when the release restrictions were changed...

No comments:

Post a Comment