Friday, September 13, 2013

Frogs Are "Raided" in Lubbock, Texas Tech Upsets #24 TCU 20-10

The Kliff Kingsbury era at Texas Tech is off to a great start.

The Red Raiders are off to a 3-0 start after defeating #24 TCU in Lubbock, Texas Thursday night 20-10.




It was an ugly game on the West Texas plains with the Horned Frogs and Red Raiders committing five turnovers combined.

Texas Tech freshman quarterback Baker Mayfield threw three interceptions and had to leave the game in the fourth quarter injured.

Another freshman quarterback Davis Webb entered and went 3/4 passing and put Texas Tech up for good on a fourth quarter 19 yard touchdown pass to Bradley Marquez.

"Just had a go called, and was able to get a beat on them and keep them on my back shoulder." Marquez said. " Just a beautiful ball by Davis Webb, and those kind of balls you don't drop. So I just had to make a play when it came my way."

It's safe to say TCU head coach Gary Patterson was not a fan of the officiating crew assigned to the game by the Big 12 Conference.

"I can't talk about the officiating, but I will watch it." Patterson said.  "I'm not happy."

Patterson witnessed 13 penalties called costing the Frogs 115 yards.

"You can't have as many penalties as we had."  Patterson said.  "If you're going to do that -- that's why I'm late getting here, because I'm not very happy at all."

TCU drops to 1-2 on the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment