Monday, June 9, 2014

Donald Sterling Lawsuit Is "Full Speed Ahead" (UPDATED With Sterling Statement)

((HT: Sportsnet/OCRegister-Woike))

Shocking no one...

Maxwell Blecher is telling anyone willing to listen that Donald Sterling is pulling his support for the sale to Steve Ballmer. Sterling wanted assurances that his lifetime ban would be wiped off the books and his $2.5-million fine would be gone as well- and they're not, so he's back to suing the NBA.

From Woike's article, and it seems Sterling's motivation is the new NBA Commissioner Adam Silver:

But that’s not the main reason Sterling reversed course, according to Blecher, who said NBA commissioner Adam Silver’s adamancy in a Sunday press news conference was the primary culprit for Sterling’s change of heart.

Blecher called Silver's handling of the situation, “just plain nasty.”


Silver was concerned about Sterling and said as much to Rachel Nichols in her "Unguarded with Rachel Nichols" program on CNN


Sterling has sent a statement to NBC News that reads in part:

The action taken by Adam Silver and the NBA constitutes a violation of my rights and fly in the face of the freedoms that are afforded to all Americans.

I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights. While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled.

I love the team and have dedicated 33 years of my life to the organization. I intend to fight to keep the Team.


Of course, he does...

In addition, Sterling has given his attorneys the go-ahead to chase a billion-dollar federal lawsuit against the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment