Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Brazil Dismantled At Home By Germany, Scolari Apologizes

((HT: ESPN/FIFA))

Five goals in 29 minutes... and, really, after the first goal Brazil's weaknesses were exposed. The absence of Neymar and Thiago Silva not being around on offense and the back line being caught repeatedly in transition and not being able to match Germany's offensive prowess created an awful result for Brazil.

A 7-1 loss that could have been worse if Ozil hadn't pulled up in the 90th minute.
Here's Ian and Macca


And analysis from Mike, Alexi, Gilberto, and Michael


The 7-1 loss equals their worst-ever defeat- 6-0 to Uruguay back in 1920.
And the HQ wouldn't be surprised is Scolari was asked to retire when all this is done.

But the best personification of the day came from Deadspin where Good Ol' JR called the goals- it's a must watch

And Scolari apologized in his post-match- from the London Telegraph newspaper article by Jeremy Wilson:

"Who is responsible when the team plays?" Scolari said. "I am. It's me. Who decided the tactics, I did. So the person responsible is me. If I were to think of my life as a player, as a coach, as a teacher, this was the worst day of my life. I'll be remembered probably because I lost 7-1, the worst defeat Brazil have ever had."

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete