Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ward Family Not Satisfied With Stewart Grand Jury Decision

((HT: WHEC-TV))

Understandably so...

After the Ontario County (NY) Grand Jury returned the idea that they were not going to come back with an indictment of Tony Stewart in the death of driver Kevin Ward, Junior in a race August 9th in upper New York state, the Ward family issued their own statement:

"Our son got out of his car during caution when the race was suspended. All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car toward him, causing the tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

Here's team coverage of the Grand Jury decision


"I personally am very happy with the outcome," Canadaigua Race Director Greg Hixson said when interviewed Wednesday. "I've seen the videos, I was there, I saw it live and for Tony to be charged I think would have been another crime. It's unfortunate and my heart goes out to the Ward family, but having another life ruined because of it, I thought it would have been very unjust."

No comments:

Post a Comment