Friday, October 11, 2013

Coach "O" Brings Fun Back To USC Football, And A Win Over Arizona 38-31

[HT: Los Angeles Times]

Could it be it's fun to play football again at Southern California?

It sure seems that way with USC's 38-31 win over Arizona.



Interim head coach Ed Orgeron has brought is Cajun enthusiasm to L.A. and it seems to be catching on.  You can chalk that up to what a difference a coaching change can make.

There were Trojans with "Coach 'O'" painted on their chest and it seemed USC was playing with more passion than before athletic director Pat Haden made the move to change coaches.

“Coach O was awesome,” Haden said to the Los Angeles Times. “An entirely different energy for our team.
“It was just fun watching our kids having a blast. The game is supposed to be a game of joy and they played with joy tonight.”
"I had a blast," Orgeron said.  “I think I woke up happy for the first time in my life [Thursday] morning, besides the day I married my wife and had my kids.
“I’m not a happy guy, but today I was happy. Just a feeling of happiness of being able to represent USC.”
Leave it to Arizona head coach Rich Rodriquez to bring up USC's former head coach.
"And give Lane Kiffin credit. Lane recruited those guys and their talented and they played hard." Rodriquez said.
They played hard for Coach "O".
Southern California may have found another star receiver in Nelson Agholor who caught seven passes for 161 yards and a touchdown.  Agholor had to step up against Arizona with All-American receiver Marqise Lee out with a knee injury.
USC quarterback Cody Kessler was an efficient 15-30 passing for 297 yards and a touchdown and no interceptions.
“It was awesome,” Kessler said to the Los Angeles Times as he left the field. “It was great to come out and make a statement. I think people are excited about USC football again.”
Notre Dame is next up for the Trojans.

No comments:

Post a Comment