Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back To Back Buzzer Beaters By An Arkansas High School Hoop Rising Star

His name is Malik Monk from Bentonville High School in Bentonville, Arkansas.  Monk is a 15 year old sophomore that is not only one of the top talents sought after by major colleges but is building a reputation of being clutch.

This week Monk shot down a pair of Bulldog teams, Springdale High School on Tuesday night and Fayetteville High School Friday night.

Thanks Hoopmixtape.com



"These are going to kill me at a young age." Bentonville head coach Jason McMahan told NWA Online. “I’m just glad we ended up on the right side of them, though.”

"I made my team put it all on me." Monk said to NWA Online. “They isolated me, and coach told me to take the last shot. So I did. I just took a little stutter step to get them off -balance.
“If I missed, overtime was good. So that’s what I did.”
What's impressive about both buzzer beaters by Monk is that he was double teamed and still had the poise and the stroke to hit both shots.
Florida and Kansas are on his list according to the four letter (ESPN).  
Those in his home state (and this writer as well) are close to begging Monk to suit up down the highway for the Razorbacks in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment