Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jose Canseco Returns To United League

And he'll play against his brother, Ozzie, who is managing the team in Edinburg, the Roadrunners...

He's signed a 7-game deal with the Fort Worth Cats and play in the United League Thursday...
It's not the first time he played in the UL. He was in Laredo a few years ago...


Jose is reunited with Cats manager Jim Essian, who played with Oakland when Jose was a call-up...

The background... from the Fort Worth Cats:

"Jose was a young invitee to the A’s training camp, and I was a catcher at the time,” said Essian. “The second I saw the young Jose swing a bat, I knew he would be a special player. I immediately asked the coaching staff if he would be heading north with us.”

“I am excited to come to Fort Worth and mentor the young ballplayers,” exclaimed Canseco. “I love Dallas/Fort Worth and I can’t wait to go up against Ozzie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment