Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yep, Josh Shaw Made The Story Up...

((HT: KABC-TV/MyFoxLA))

Shaw has been suspended indefinitely from team activities...

"We are extremely disappointed in Josh," said USC head football coach Steve Sarkisian in a statement. "He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story.

"I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized. Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable. Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."


It will be interesting to find out just how long "suspended indefinitely" means in the USC football-sense...

Remember when we had faith in humanity...???
Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

From Bryan D. Fischer, here's the statement from Shaw through his attorney Donald Etra:

“I injured myself in a fall. I made up a story about this fall that was untrue,” Shaw said. “I was wrong to not tell the truth. I apologize to USC for this action on my part.”

"My USC coaches, the USC Athletic Department, and especially coach Sarkisian have all been supportive of me during my college career and for that, I am very grateful."


USC has also apologized for posting the original story on their website. The story had been removed Wednesday from the link where it was originally posted on the USC website.

No comments:

Post a Comment