Sunday, January 20, 2013

BUZZER BEATER: Gonzaga a victim of "Hinkle Magic". Jones Hits The Shot For Butler


I know it’s an overused phrase but I”ve got to say it.  The Butler did it again. 
This time it’s sophomore forward Roosevelt Jones who ended this Butler/Gonzaga dogfight with a buzzer beater at Hinkle Fieldhouse.




"I heard their coach saying to lob it to [Kelly] Olynyk, so I just played behind him, made the basketball play and got the steal," Jones said. "I looked at the clock and saw four seconds, so I knew I could get down court. I saw Olynyk come up to me and I floated it over him."
"This was a little bit of Hinkle magic, I guess," Butler head coach Brad Stevens said.

Jones led Butler in scoring with 20 points shooting 7 of 10 from the field.  16 points came in the second half.
This is what you get when you have the “gold standards” of the mid-majors face off.  Some think Gonzaga and Butler are now brand names that resonate in college basketball.  I totally agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment