Monday, January 14, 2013

Former Browns QB asks for job back...on Facebook

Anderson in 2007 (photo courtesy SI)
CHARLOTTE - Carolina Panthers backup QB Derek Anderson is not a fan favorite in Cleveland - where he was released in 2009.

However, social media might be responsible for Anderson getting his job back in the Dawg Pound.

Cleveland's NewsChannel5 is reporting that Anderson posted his plea Friday evening on his Facebook page:

"Looks like it is time to make a return to a familiar place for some unfinished business. I would be honored to return to Cleveland to play football if the fans would have me."

Wow. Ballsy move. Fans in C-Town remember full well how Anderson reacted when the Browns released him. Anderson crafted a very pointed email to a local Cleveland beat reporter, blasting the Cleveland faithful. He said fans of the Browns were "ruthless," and didn't "deserve a winner."

I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn’t great," Anderson went on to tell the Browns' beat writer. "I hope and pray I’m playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them.

Former Carolina offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski has been hired as the new Cleveland head coach, and Anderson was a backup for Cam Newton in Carolina last season. Chudz was also the offensive coordinator for the Browns during Anderson's tenure under center.

WEWS is saying Anderson puts his chances of heading back to Cleveland at 80%, according to an unnamed source.

I know Mark Zuckerberg is influential, but come on...

When the dust settles, I'm not sure Brandon Weeden has anything to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment