Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Trevor Bayne Diagnosed With MS

((HT: NASCAR.com/Caraviello))

Roush-Fenway Racing's Trevor Bayne had seen physicians at the Mayo Clinic in 2011 for treatment of, what was thought at the time to be, Lyme Disease. Now, RFR and Bayne know it was something entirely different: multiple sclerosis...

NASCAR has still cleared Bayne to get behind the wheel of a race car. He will run in the series finale this weekend in Homestead and plans to continue in the Nationwide Series in 2014.

"We are 100 percent supportive of Trevor and his ability to compete in a race car," Roush Fenway team owner Jack Roush said in a statement. "I have full confidence in Trevor, and his partners have all expressed that same confidence and support. As with all of our drivers, we look forward to standing behind Trevor and providing him with all of the tools he needs as he continues to develop in his young career."

“I’ve never been more driven to compete,” said Bayne on the RFR website in a prepared statement. “My goals are the same as they’ve been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I’ve ever been in and I feel good,” added Bayne. “There are currently no symptoms and I’m committed to continuing to take the best care of my body as possible. I will continue to trust God daily and know that His plan for me is what is best.

“As for now, I want to close out the season strong this weekend at Homestead and then shift my focus on getting ready to compete for the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Championship in 2014. I have a great team, a great family and great people all around me. I have been truly blessed in life and I look forward to what my future holds.”


Bayne became the youngest winner of the Daytona 500 three seasons ago for the Wood Brothers in his 2nd career start...
On his 20th birthday...
((HT: NASCAR on FOX))


And here is an interview with Bayne and Dr. Jerry Punch in 2011 about the illness...and, unfortunately, the question of MS came up...
((HT: ESPN))

No comments:

Post a Comment