Monday, November 14, 2011

So... How Many Games Does Lucic Get...??? Answer... None...

((HT: NHL/NESN/MSG+))

NHL Player Safety Guru Brendan Shanahan has decided against any further discipline to Boston's Milan Lucic for his hit on Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller Saturday.

Shanahan had a hearing with Lucic via conference call...

"I had the hearing because I did make an initial assessment of the play as I do with all plays, but I did have some questions for Milan and I wanted to hear directly from him," Shanahan told NHL.com's Dan Rosen. "They were regarding his intent; at what point did he know there was going to be a collision; and whether or not he felt he had the time to avoid the collision. I was satisfied with his answers."

Shanahan said the minor penalty for charging was the proper call in this case because it follows Rule 42.1, which reads "a goalkeeper is not fair game just because he is outside the goal crease area."

"The minor penalty called on the ice was the correct call," Shanahan said. "And, while it's unfortunate that Miller was hurt I saw nothing egregious about this hit that would elevate it to supplemental discipline."

Here's the hit Lucic laid on Miller...


What say you...???

No comments:

Post a Comment