Friday, November 14, 2014

Cincy Bearcats Boot ECU Pirates

Cincinnati head coach Tommy Tuberville has full confidence in his kicker Andrew Gantz but was
wondering if the game winner was a bit out of his range on a bitter cold night.

"Kicking almost a 50 yard field goal in that weather is hard." Tuberville said.  "I was more worried about snapping and the hold. I knew he could get it that far and make it, but that’s really out of his range."

With 15 seconds left Gantz nailed a 47 yard field goal with 15 seconds left to put the Bearcats in front for good 48-46.




"Adrenaline was obviously pumping and he made good contact with it." Tuberville said.  "I don’t watch the officials, I watch our fans. The fans told us it was good."

"He came up to me before we went out there and said, ‘hey it’s me and you, so if you get me down there I’m going to hit’ and ‘I told him I got you man, we’re going to do it.’" Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel said.  "Gantz is unbelievable."

Terrell Hartsfield's 20 yard fumble return for a touchdown provided the final score 54-46.


Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel completed 29 of 44 passes for a career high 436 yards and four touchdowns.

East Carolina quarterback Shane Carden for 418 yards and two touchdowns but was sacked four times by the Cincinnati defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment