Monday, April 30, 2012

Lakers Jordan Hill Now Up On Felony Charges

((HT: KTRK-TV/ESPN))

Here's Lakers forward Jordan Hill discussing the initial charge of assaulting his girlfriend when he was back in Houston...


Hill is now up on felony charges for choking her the last day of February...
He will have to make an appearance in Houston to face the "third-degree felony for assault on a family member by choking" charge.

He could face a sentence of two to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. A warrant for his arrest will be issued once all the proper paperwork is filed in Harris County Court.

Both Hill and the Lakers issued written word today...

"I'm saddened to learn of the accusations that were filed against me today," Hill said. "At this time I cannot comment further other than to say that my attorneys are working to gather all of the facts and evidence and I plan to cooperate completely with the authorities.

"I'd like to apologize to the Lakers organization and to all of their fans for the untimeliness of these accusations. I promise to keep my focus and attention on the playoffs during this time and to helping my team win another championship."


And, now, the Lakers...

"We are aware of the media reports alleging an incident involving Jordan Hill from two months ago when he was a member of the Houston Rockets. We do not have any details regarding these reports and therefore, as well as due to the personal and legal aspects, it would not be appropriate for us to comment. Any further inquiries regarding this should be directed to Jordan's representative."

Here's the local reports from Houston...

No comments:

Post a Comment