Saturday, October 13, 2012

OSG High: Another Postgame Brawl- This Time In Michigan

((HT: mlive.com))

Another Friday night, another rivalry game in high school football...
Another fight...

This time it's in Ann Arbor, Michigan...

Ann Arbor Pioneer and Ann Arbor Huron don't like each other...
And going in, Pioneer was going for a region title and Huron was going for their first win of the year. Huron didn't get the win and, while in the process of losing 35-6, drew the ire of the Huron head coach Cory Gildersleeve...

Gildersleeve was apparently not happy with the idea that Pioneer head coach Paul Test wasn't calling off the dogs in a blowout in the last minute of the game. The two teams met at midfield for the post-game handshake and tempers flared...

The HQ knows just how shocked you all are...

Matt Durr from annarbor.com caught up with both coaches:

“I walked up to coach Gildersleeve and said ‘I’m sorry we threw that long pass at the end, I didn’t call it,’" Test said of the initial confrontation. "He said ‘you’re in charge what do you mean? You got to control that.’ I said 'I apologize,' I called the victory formation at the end there,’ and he was pushing me.

“And one of my younger coaches saw that as being disrespectful to me and jumped in and that’s when all hell broke loose.”

Gildersleeve said he never pushed Test.

"We shook hands and I said, ‘Paul what are you doing?' and he said ‘I’m really sorry about that, I didn’t know that they were calling those plays,’" Gildersleeve said. "And I said ‘Paul, you’re the head football coach, you don’t have control over plays that you think you’re calling at the end of the game like that? You take a knee.’”


Ann Arbor (MI) police haven't made any arrest(s) yet, but they are investigating as one person was sent to hospital.

Here's some highlights of the series from a few years ago to show you how serious it is...
((HT: Michigan Recruiting Connection))


More when we know more...