Monday, December 23, 2013

BUZZER BEATER: Southern Cal's Pe'Shon Howard's 3 Defeats Dayton

[HT: Los Angeles Times]

After transferring from Maryland this is Pe'shon Howard's one and only year playing for Southern California and Sunday he gave Trojan fans a shining moment.

Tied at 76 and with 4.7 seconds left Howard took the inbounds pass, dribbled to the right side of the floor and nailed an off-balance 24 foot shot to win it for the Trojans 79-76.

Thanks Pac 12 Network


"J.T. [Terrell] told me if I can't get it to him, I'm coming to you," Howard said,  "I think I'm a good shooter so I was trying to get to the three-point line. So I came across half court and two guys came over late, so I just tried to lean and get the shot off." 

"When it left my hand it felt good and I'm watching the ball. That's in, that's in. "Howard said.  "I had to flop, too, so maybe I could get a foul."

"When you have our four seconds you can at least get to the three point line or close to it." USC head coach Andy Enfield said.   "You don't need to throw up a half-court shot. Our players didn't understand that our last game, and I'm just glad they figured it out."


Howard would score 12 points in the Dayton game and was 3-5 from the three point line.  Very appropriate for Pe'shon Howard to take the shot to win it since he had the hot hand from behind the arc.

Southern California was led by Byron Wesley who scored 26 points and 10 rebounds coming off the bench.


No comments:

Post a Comment