Friday, December 27, 2013

OSG Prem: Hughes And Rodgers Answering The Piper Soon...

((HT: BBC Sport/BPL))

If you haven't seen why these two managers are currently in trouble...

Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers after his loss to ManCity when he went off on the officials...
((HT: BT Sport))


The Football Association has asked Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers to explain his post-match comments:

When asked about it at his press conference today, he said:

"I think they know that when I come out and make a statement like I did yesterday, it was obviously emotional after the game of course, but it was something that I will speak honestly on. As I said, whatever action they will take, they will decide.

"I have to speak on behalf of the supporters of the club, a club that has an emotional investment for many, many millions of people throughout the world. As the manager I represent them, and I'm sure where they were throughout the world yesterday they would have been asking the questions on the decision-making, which I repeat I didn't think was so good, after the game.

"In terms of geography, it wasn't the case at all, I certainly wasn't questioning the integrity of the referees. As I said before, I fully understand the job, it was more the logic of it, in terms of having a referee from that particular part of the world refereeing a game in Manchester, I wouldn't suspect that Mike Dean from the Wirral has refereed many games for Liverpool over the years."


Here's Stoke's Mark Hughes after being sent to the stands in their game Boxing Day, in the process of losing 5-1 to Newscastle...


And his post-match questions-and-answers


Hughes has been officially charged by the FA after jettisoning his coat:

"Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has been charged by The FA following his side's game at Newcastle United yesterday [Thursday 26 December].

"It is alleged that his behaviour in or around the 40th minute of the fixture amounted to improper conduct."


Hughes has until the 2nd of January to respond... which will be an interesting answer to the FA charge...

Looks like a reprimand and a suspension are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment