Thursday, December 12, 2013

Doc Rivers Return To Boston Goes Well...

((HT: CSNNE))

Doc Rivers admitted that he was a mess for the first 18 minutes of the game where the Clippers and Celtics played back in Boston for the first appearance for Rivers since he took the head coaching job with the Clips.

But the game couldn't have gone any better for him as the Clippers went to Boston and beat the Celtics 96-88...

Afterwards, Rivers was understandably emotional...


"It's harder to come back here," Rivers said postgame. "Playing against them -- it's just two guys that I love in a Brooklyn uniform. Coming back here, that's special for me. I get to walk under a banner that I helped get and see the fans and see a lot of my friends. This day and a half has been a lot of fun, but it's also been very emotional."

There was a 9-minute tribute video that Rivers made a point not to watch before the game to the tune of Dierks Bentley's "Home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment