Friday, December 27, 2013

OSG Prem: Malky Mackay's Prepared Statement On Sacking From Cardiff City FC

((HT: Sky Sports))

After Cardiff City FC owner Vincent Tan sacked manager Malky Mackay, Tan came out with a statement that either was creepy or just wrong that loosely referenced his lack of involvement in getting Mackay sacked as well as their relationship and how much Tan loves his club...

Start retching at the first impulse...

As have, probably, a lot of CCFC fans...
((HT: Sky Sports))


As was the smart play, Mackay gave off a statement of his own that reinforces him coming out of this as the good guy and not being unemployed for long...

"It is with the deepest and most sincere regret that I today confirm my sacking as manager of Cardiff City FC," Mackay said.

"As disappointing as today's decision is, I am already able to look back at my time at Cardiff City FC with immense pride and joy given the number of milestones the club achieved during the last two-and-half years.

"A League Cup Final appearance followed by promotion to the Premiership for the very first time, achieved as winners of the Championship, allowed the club a move back to this elite level after a 51-year absence.

"I have enjoyed my time immensely at this fine club, in this great city, and throughout I've always attempted to put my own personal stamp on specific areas that I believe to be all-important such as the implementation of a progressive culture as well as a complete professional approach to all aspects of day-to-day management that are required if you are to become a top club - and more importantly to remain as one.

"I would like to thank my players, all of my direct footballing staff, all the people behind the scenes at the club and most importantly the people of Cardiff, who have stood behind me resolutely throughout my time here and especially in these recent turbulent months.

"I leave with my head held high having gained a level of experience that, upon reflection, I suspect would have been difficult to find anywhere else in British football.

"The foundations laid at Cardiff City FC will provide a solid platform for my successor, and for the sake of the club, I hope that all of the progress that has been made so far will not be impaired in any way by today's enforced changes."


The fan's chairman at Cardiff is also less than pleased...
((HT: BBC News))

No comments:

Post a Comment