Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tomlin Fined $100K For Stepping Out

This was, somewhat, inevitable...

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 for interfering in the field of play during the Jacoby Jones punt return incident against the Baltimore Ravens. The NFL is also considering a "modification or forfeiture" of draft choices.

Here's the video...
((HT: KDKA-TV))


“My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things – embarrassing, inexcusable, illegal, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it.

I take full responsibility for my actions on that play,”
said Tomlin. “I acknowledge that my actions unfortunately became part of the play. I also embrace that as head coach, we’re held to the highest standards of conduct and I realize that that blunder fell woefully short of that expectation; and in that vein, I embrace the responsibilities that come with my position and understand there are repercussions from a blunder of that nature, and I embrace it."

But the NFL looked at the incident and wasn't all that punitive about it...

Mike Tomlin makes $5.75-million per year. Average that out: it's about $115,000 per week.

Do the math... Tomlin misses almost an entire week's pay...

Think about what they did to Sean Payton... this isn't even close...

No comments:

Post a Comment