Monday, October 8, 2012

The Big One At Talladega Was... Normal...

((HT: NASCAR on ESPN))

Talladega has a mind all of its own when it comes to the racing we see...

Restrictor plates, curses, and usually "The Big One...."

And, what we mean by that for the uninitiated, is a very large wreck that takes out a great deal of the field- usually contenders- that puts some unsuspecting soul at the top of the ladder that you wouldn't normally suspect...

Here's all the fury on the green-white-checkered...


Four-wide is bats***-crazy-insane... and Tony Stewart's trying to block down to the bitter end blew the whole thing up and sent shards across 25 cars...which included 10 of the 12 Chasers...

"It's not safe. It's not. It's bloodthirsty," Dale Earnhardt Jr. said after the race. "If that's what people want, that's ridiculous."

But Stewart did fall on the sword for this one...

"I just screwed up. I turned down and cut across Michael and crashed the whole field," he said. "It was my fault, blocking and trying to stay where I was at.

"I was trying to win the race and I was trying to stay ahead of Matt there and Michael got a great run on the bottom and had a big head of steam, and when I turned down, I turned across the front of his car. Just a mistake on my part but cost a lot of people a bad day."


Brad Keselowski is now 14 points ahead of Jimmie Johnson, 20 ahead of Denny Hamlin, and 37 ahead of both Kasey Kahne and Clint Bowyer.

Those surprises in the final standings we talked about above...??? Regan Smith was 4th, Travis Kvapil was 8th, and David Gilliland was 15th...

No comments:

Post a Comment