Saturday, December 3, 2011

Boeheim Apologizes For Early Remarks

((HT: WSYR-TV))

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim came out in his postgame presser and apologized for early remarks in the Bernie Fine investigation after the Orangemen's 72-68 win over Florida.

"I believe I misspoke very badly in my response to the allegations that have been made. I shouldn't have questioned what the accusers expressed or their motives. I am really sorry that I did that, and I regret any harm that I caused," he said.

"It was insensitive for the individuals involved and especially to the overall issue of child abuse."

A lot of advocacy groups have called for Boeheim's head on a platter after his early defense of Fine and disparaging remarks of accusors...

Here's the coverage from Syracuse...


The folks from outside the Syracuse program may still get their wish, eventually, depending on the outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment