Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yale's Williams Gone... Resume Bites Him...

Two problems for, now, former Yale head coach Tom Williams...

First reported by OSG hyah...

One, he was listed as a Rhodes candidate in 2009- which he wasn't...

Williams tried to 'splain it by saying he went through the early stages, but didn't follow all the way to the application stage.

And, two, he had himself as a member of the San Francisco 49ers practice squad in 1993 on his online bio for Yale. Second problem- he wasn't on the practice squad- he had a tryout and that's as far as it got...

So, that pretty much did him in...

"I am extremely proud of my academic, athletic and coaching career,"
he said in a statement. "If there was confusion created, I take full responsibility. The timing of this inquiry has been difficult for everyone. At this point I believe it is in the best interest of my student-athletes and Yale University that I step down."

Maybe there's an opening at Central Florida...

Here's highlights from this year's The Game...
A game where Williams went 0-3...
((HT: HarvardAthletics))

No comments:

Post a Comment