Friday, May 4, 2012

DEVELOPING: Clemson's Watkins Busted For Marijuana

((HT: WSPA-TV))

Clemson wideout Sammy Watkins and soccer player Amadou-Tidiane Daniel Dia were arrested by university police and booked early Friday.

Watkins and Dia were arrested on charges of "simple possession of marijuana."

Whatever that means...

Is possession ever "simple...?"

Anyway, the HQ digresses...

Watkins faces a possession of a controlled substance charge- a misdemeanor.

Watkins was, according to reports, scraping his car against a curb while he was driving. The temporary license tag for the car was also not lighted when he was pulled over.

The officer smelled marijuana when he approached the car, and a search turned up two pills that Watkins didn't have a prescription for and marijuana.

Watkins is out on a $1,620 bond and Dia on a $620 bond- both personal recognizance bonds...

More when we know more...

1240 UPDATE: Lisa Horne from FoxSports.com has quotes from Dabo Swinney and Watkins on her Twitter feed...

Dabo Swinney: "I am mad and hurt by the poor decision that Sammy Watkins made."

Watkins: "I will learn from this. I will accept any discipline Coach Swinney and the University issues. I made a mistake last night and I am truly sorry for my actions. I let the team down, the coaches down and this University down."

No comments:

Post a Comment